The Deshpande Foundation and UMass Lowell are proud to announce the 3rd Annual Deshpande Symposium for Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Higher Education. From June 10-12, this conference will be a gathering of like-minded higher education practitioners focused on accelerating innovation and entrepreneurship across the college and university environment. The Symposium will provide a venue for attendees to learn from each other; to gain wider exposure for their ideas, successes and start-ups; and to collaborate on activities that increase innovation and entrepreneurship in their communities. The Symposium has expanded its tracks and panel offerings this year. Our first international call for panel presentations has resulted in a program with four unique tracks and 24 distinct panel presentations. The tracks include:
- Entrepreneurial Universities: Cultures & Ecosystems
- Entrepreneurship in the Curriculum
- Startups & University Research Commercialization
- Emerging Trends & Ideas
Speakers from across the country will be sharing their experiences in a number of exciting panels in these key tracks. In addition this year’s keynote speakers include:
- Mary Sue Coleman, President of the University of Michigan and a visionary in bringing together university leaders in support of entrepreneurship on campuses across the country.
- Vladimir Bulović, Associate Dean for Innovation at MIT, a professor of engineering and a practicing entrepreneur and founder of three technology companies.